Today I’m back with a beauty related blogpost! Since I’ve been on vacation a lot last month, I had to take the plane several times. Sadly, the plane airco is not great for our skin, definitely on long flights it might be a good idea to bring some skincare with you. So, I thought it might be interesting to see what beauty bits I carried in my hand luggage!
I managed to not overpack so I could fit everything in my see-through Hema bag, since it’s required for security control! A good tip is to keep interesting samples in a box, so that when you travel, you can go through them and pick the useful ones out. Also try to look for travel size bottles of your skincare favorites, since it’s always nice to travel light. In total I had 7 things stored in my bag:
- La Roche-Posay Eau Thermale: a sprits of this thermal spring water refreshes the skin while soothing and softening thanks to its natural antioxidants. I absolutely love using this to feel fresh again.
- Rituals ‘Sakura Silk’ Deodorant: this handbag size deodorant goes everywhere with me when I’m on vacation. It has a soft smell with rice milk and cherry blossom.
- & Other Stories ‘Fleur de Mimosa’ Hand Cream: for those of you with dry hands (or other dry patches on their body) a moisturiser is no luxury! The airco dries out your skin even more! I like this one, because it sinks in my skin quickly.
- Lens containers: I don’t know about you guys, but my eyes get super dry in airco air + sleeping with my lenses in doesn’t work! Therefore I suggest bringing your glasses and your lens container with you on the plane!
- Clinique all about eyes serum: I don’t remember where I got this little guy, but I’m super happy I did! The cold rollerbal does wonders after a night flight!
- Avène Trixera: not only my body, but also my face needs some attention on the plane! I try to avoid wearing any make-up and moisturise my skin before take off. During a longer flight I like to re-apply a super moisturiser like this travel size emollient balm for very dry skin.
- Aloe Dent Aloe Vera lip balm: last but not least a lipbalm! I cannot leave the house without a lipbalm! I really like this organic one enriched with tea tree and lysine.
Et voila, this is my in-flight beauty bag! Hopefully you can use some of my ideas on your next holiday! Or maybe you have some good recommendations yourself? Let me know!